Good afternoon residents of the Radford West Beat,
Here is your monthly crime update.
Firstly I would like to introduce myself as your PCSO covering Radford West, all my contact details are at the foot of this email and I look forward to seeing you all as I walk the beat!
We have had a number burglaries in the last month and I would like to issue the advice below:
• Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
• Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
• If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
• Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
• Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
• Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
• Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
• Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
Theft from vehicles continues to be an issue across the force, can I remind you all to ensure you do not leave any valuables on show when leaving your vehicle and to ensure your vehicle is secure.
Finally I urge you all to take extra care when out and about as the snow is currently causing havoc up and down the country. Please only travel if necessary and wrap up warm when leaving the house.
PCSO 4277 Richard Hodgman
Radford West Beat
Central Police Station
Maid marian way
Work mobile 07971784206
Work email email@example.com